follow our facebook event page, to keep up with details: HERE!
follow our facebook event page, to keep up with details: HERE!
You see, just an everyday short haircut and style is different than the MORE MODERN SHORT HAIRCUT and styles. There are more expectations with the new styles as far as versatility & texture. After the haircut, the stylist should be able to show you many different ways in which you can style your new cut. Some will be fun, new and energetic and others will be more conservative and natural. This will allow the guest to be able to wear their hair to fit the occasion.
♥ All hair cutting takes training.
♥ All good haircuts need great training.
However, we feel at domani that short, modern haircuts need great training and years of experience.
We feel this way because in order to have your hair move in the directions that the style requires the hair must be cut and texturized in a way that only experienced stylist can provide.
At domani we are so fortunate to have hairstylists of all experience levels, ranging from: fresh out of beauty school, going through our domani training program to stylists with over 30 years of experience. As we stated above… sometimes those short, textured haircuts require experience and lots of training!!!
What it is:
An ultimate blowout cream for creating sleek, smooth styles with radiant shine.
What it is formulated to do:
This nourishing styling cream adds luster, eliminates frizz, reduces drying time, and gives hair an ultrasmooth finish. The formula conditions and enriches hair, allowing for easier brush glide and provides protection against damage from heat-styling tools.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product contains antioxidant-rich rhodiola extract and vitamin C to shield hair from thermal styling damage. Vegetable proteins add shine and strengthen hair, while linseed oil and algae extract smooth and soften hair from root to tip.
Big hair with plenty of Volume is the envy of most of us out there. Getting plenty of volume or body and bounce into the hair is the trick when trying to create BIG HAIR!
“If you think I have BIG HAIR ask me about my dreams.”
tools you will need for Blow Drying:
• Hairdryer with nozzle to direct the airflow
• A “root lift” product, these generally come in a spray form
• A large round bristle brush (although the size of brush will depend on the length of your hair).
• A selection of clips to keep unwanted hair out of the way
• Plenty of hairspray to finish with.
The trick is what hairstylists call “over direction” sounds a little confusing, but all this means is that as you blow dry each section you are brushing the hair with your brush in the opposite direction than the hair falls in order to achieve the maximum volume when the hair is brushed back the way you normally would style it.
• Shampoo and Condition your hair with a volume rich shampoo and conditioner a good blow dry always begins with good cleansing products.
• After towel drying really well, use your chosen root lift product by lifting each section as you spray the product concentrating at the root area. You may also choose to cocktail a gel or a mousse with your root lift product for added volume.
• Begin in the nape section and direct the hair with your brush and blow dryer up and away from where the hair naturally falls. Continue brushing all the hair in over directing motions to gain the maximum volume. Get the hair about 80% dry and then you can begin to use your round brush.
• Take about a 1” section in the nape and clip the rest of the hair away.
• Begin drawing your brush over the surface of the section from roots to ends, directing the hair up against the direction you want it to fall in. Continue doing this all over until the hair is completely dry.
• Good products to use for Root Lifting (UNITE Expanda Volume, UNITE Expanda Dust, BAMBOO 48 hour volume spray, BAMBOO Texturizing Body Boost, MOROCCAN OIL Root Boost)
give it a try! let us know how it goes!
still not achieving the results you’re looking for? schedule a simple style at domani! team domani will work with you on styling your hair!
we fully believe that if your hair only looks good when you leave the salon once per month, we didn’t teach you well enough how to duplicate the look at home!
courtesy of stylist: Stacy Miner
August 4, 2014 at 1:29 pm
who doesn’t love FREE PRODUCTS?!?!
now- August 23, 2014 we want you to earn FREE products at domani!
How? you ask! See below!
we love the day our delivery driver brings us boxes full of new styling products, it’s like Christmas to a hairdresser!
Alterna Bamboo 2-in-1 volumizer:
this is one of the most AMAZING products we’ve had our hands on in a long time!
Bamboo 2-in-1 is almost like Alterna took Caviar Volume Creme and mixed it with Bamboo Brilliance Cream. Volume creme is a clay based product that you use at your scalp for more volume when you blow dry. Because it’s clay based, it can easily be overused on the ends of hair. Brilliance cream is a smoothing, shine enhancing product that you can use both wet and/or dry. It doesn’t have much hold at all to it.
So taking a clay based product w/ lots of volume and a smoothing product with no hold to it…. mix them together and it gives you BAMBOO 2in1….
you can use bamboo 2in1 both in wet and dry hair. when using it in wet hair, it will give your style hold and shape. when using it in dry hair, it will give your style texture and definition.
Unite Texturiza spray:
does your hair usually style better for you on day 2 or 3? Is your hair often too soft after you just shampoo it? or doesn’t hold a style well when it’s clean? we know, that sounds like our hair! Unite texturiza spray is a great product to give you that second day feeling WITHOUT making your hair DIRTY!
again, it’s almost like Unite took Expanda dust and Dry shampoo and made one product. Expanda dust is AMAZING for adding volume and texture at your scalp, but can QUICKLY become too tacky when you put it in the ends of your hair. So, by adding the dry shampoo portion of this product, it makes it spray-able… movable… and PERFECT!
who knew face shape had anything to do with their haircut or style?!?
People often look at a picture of a celebrity in a magazine and tell me, “I want to look like her!” Well, wouldn’t we all? I think it is important to not only study the style and what a client really wants, but also to take note of a persons face shape and structure. Choosing the right style for your face can help to enhance or take away from strong facial features.
Round face shape
– piecy layers
– pixie, helps define the cheek bones
– angled bob with long layers, hard lines help soften the round shape
– add body at the roots but avoid too much on the sides (widens the face)
Oval face shape
– straight bangs above the brow line can create the illusion of width
– on shoulder length or longer, a center part with soft waves
– bob with side bangs
– avoid long styles, add waves to widen the face
– try not to wear it longer than shoulder length
Square face shape
– chin length soft tapered bob
– style hair with waves from the ears down
– wearing your hair straight and long takes the attention off of a strong jaw line
Heart face shape
– hair that hits right below the jaw line helps fill in the area around the chin
– also add body to disperse lines around the chin
– wear a deep side part and side swept bangs. (idea is to bring your eyes outward)
– a soft pixie cut with side swept bangs
Diamond Face Shape
– wear hair away from your face (pony or an updo)
– avoid heavy or straight bangs, try a side bang
– lots of layers help keep the diamond face shape open
So, like I said before: choosing the right style for your face can help to enhance or take away from strong facial features. Ask your stylist next time you’re in what they think your face shape is. Or ask them if you’re wearing the right style to best feature your face shape. Don’t forget, that’s what we’re here for…. To make you look your best!
Courtesy of: stylist, Krissy
NEW HAIR PRODUCT AT DOMANI SALON & SPA:
“THE LOVE CHILD”……… alterna Caviar perfect texture finishing spray!!!!!
team domani HAS BEEN LOVING this product and it’s FLYING off our shelves!!!! the more we use it, the more we LOVE IT!
stop by to check it out!
who’s ready for a FALL color?!?!
let us know what you think of Danielle’s new color created by Sabrina!
each domani team member is transforming their locks into a fall color, ONE by ONE!
I would love to come to domani more often, but how can I get more services at an even better price?
Here at domani we understand wanting to look and feel your best all the time, but how can you do that without breaking the budget?
Take advantage of a few of our extra saving offers that will help fulfill all your beauty wants and needs at that perfect price!
One of these awesome options is our Experience Enhancers.
They are services that can be added on at a special price the day you are receiving your regular service.
Example: You are in for a pedicure; you would also like to get a facial but just can’t fit it in the budget this time. No problem! Ask if there are any openings for a facial and if there are add it on that day and you will receive it at a discounted rate to fully complete your day of beauty. (based on open space)
Another great option we offer is our Referral Program.
Refer someone NEW to domani whether it be a friend, family member, or just an acquaintance and you will receive $10 off your next visit. Your referral will also receive $10 off their visit.
For other great deals follow us on Facebook! We post special limited time offers on our page for you to take advantage of!
Have questions? Please give us a call at (920)262-8333 and we will be happy to answer them!
courtesy of: Danielle