Domani has introduced Cupping therapy into our massages.
Cupping is a traditional, time-honored treatment which is favored by millions of people worldwide because of it’s safe, comfortable, remarkable results effective for many health disorders.
Cupping therapy is the method of using glass or plastic cups to create localized pressure by a vacuum. The Chinese have been doing this since ancient times by using heat inside glass or bamboo cups. Nowadays, cupping sets use suction to create the vacuum. The vacuum inside the cups causes the blood to form in the area and help the healing in that area.
Ancient Chinese medicine have believed that the body contains “Meridians”. These meridians are pathways in the body which the energy of life called Qi (“chi”) flows through. It flows through every body part, tissue, and organ. Cupping therapy is mainly performed on one’s back because there are five meridians on your back. When these meridians are opened, the internal energy is able to flow through the whole body.
Another healing aspect of cupping therapy is through the release of toxins in your body. The suction from the cups can penetrate deep into your tissues causing the tissues to release harmful toxins. It triggers the lymphatic system, clears the blood vessels, and stretches and activates the skin.
Cupping therapy has been found in ancient records dating back 3500 years and it is still used today by many. Through suction, the skin is drawn into the cup by creating a vacuum in the cup placed on the skin over the targeted area. The cupping removes harmful substances and toxins from the body to promote well-being.
People receive the cupping therapy for many reasons. Some include but are not limited to inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and deep- tissue massage.
Your massage therapist at domani salon & spa will discuss the option to integrate the cupping technique COMPLIMENTARY into your 60 or 90 minute massage session!!!
why education is so important in our industry… and why we have different tiered pricing at domani.
You see, just an everyday short haircut and style is different than the MORE MODERN SHORT HAIRCUT and styles. There are more expectations with the new styles as far as versatility & texture. After the haircut, the stylist should be able to show you many different ways in which you can style your new cut. Some will be fun, new and energetic and others will be more conservative and natural. This will allow the guest to be able to wear their hair to fit the occasion.
♥ All hair cutting takes training.
♥ All good haircuts need great training.
However, we feel at domani that short, modern haircuts need great training and years of experience.
We feel this way because in order to have your hair move in the directions that the style requires the hair must be cut and texturized in a way that only experienced stylist can provide.
At domani we are so fortunate to have hairstylists of all experience levels, ranging from: fresh out of beauty school, going through our domani training program to stylists with over 30 years of experience. As we stated above… sometimes those short, textured haircuts require experience and lots of training!!!
visit us in the spa in march & april!!!
call to schedule, limited availability: 920-262-8333
be sure to mention which location!
we are so excited to invite you to our
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION EVENT!
grab your friends and loved ones, join us for an evening of pampering & deep product/gift card discounts!!!!
Domani salon and spa supports Humane society of Jefferson County
for each item you donate from their wish list, your name will be
entered to win a FREE 60 minute relaxing massage!
bring your item(s) to domani between March 3 & April 2, 2016!
Food & Treats
We primarily feed Purina food to the shelter animals. Cats are given canned food each morning and dogs get a little bit of canned mixed in with their meals. Canned food is often given to both cats and dogs with medications as well. Our dogs also get treats and rawhides daily. We also feed the large community of wild birds that live on the shelter grounds.
- Purina ONE Adult Premium Dog Food (Lamb & Rice, Chicken & Rice, or Beef & Rice varieties preferred)
- Purina ONE Adult Premium Cat Food (Chicken & Turkey or Indoor Advantage varieties preferred)
- Purina ONE Healthy Puppy
- Purina ONE Healthy Kitten
- Canned dog food
- Canned cat food
- Canned kitten food
- Hot dogs (used for training and administering medication)
- Probiotics for cats
- KMR brand powdered kitten milk replacer
- Soft dog treats (no biscuits, please)
- Rawhides (made in the USA)
- Wild bird seed and suet (for our indoor feline bird watchers)
- Sponsor for one year supply of dog or cat food ($500.00)Each day every dog is given multiple clean blankets for a bed and clean toys to play with. Cats always get a clean blanket to lie on, toys to play with, and a stuffed animal or small blanket to snuggle with.
Bedding & Toys
- Cat toys (plastic balls, glitter balls, stuffed mice, etc.)
- Squeaky dog toys
- Kong toys
- Quilts, blankets, and rugs
- Carpet squares
- Retractable leashes for large dogs
- Solid colored fleece blankets
- Small blankets (approximately the size of receiving blankets)
- Stretch and Scratch (available at stretchandscratch.com)
- Humaniac Scratch Bricks (available at animal-care.com)
- Elevated cat beds (available at kuranda.com or check out the DIY version at sheltermedicine.com)The shelter animals receive clean bedding and toys every day, which results in a lot of dirty laundry, at least 16 loads a day! We use bleach in almost all aspects of cleaning around the shelter. Bleach is used in washing dishes, in every load of laundry, and in washing cages and kennels.
Laundry & Cleaning Supplies
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Jungle Jake (sold at Blain’s Farm & Fleet)
- Garbage bags (13 gallon, 39 gallon, and 42 gallon sizes are preferred)
- Towels and washcloths
- Paper towels
- Laundry baskets
- Disinfectant wipes
- Stainless steel wipes
- Sharpie permanent markers
- Highlighters (yellow and orange preferred)
- White and colored copy paper
- Postage stamps
- Post-it notes
- Self-sealing laminating pouches
- White-out pens
- Heavy-duty paper shredder
- Mailing labels (Avery 5160 preferred)
- Yellow, dark blue, and orange pocket folders
- Gas cards
- Quart & gallon size ziplock bags
- Large totes with lids
- Pop-up tents
- Heating pads
- Aluminum cans
- Temporary foster homes for cats and kittens
what are xtreme lashes semi-permanent eyelash extensions?
xtreme lashes semi-permanent eyelash extensions are single or multiple strands of synthetic eyelashes applied to a single natural eyelash, creating longer, fuller and darker lashes.
who are they for?
they’re for anyone wanting eyelashes that are longer, fuller, darker and more beautiful. with xtreme lashes semi-permanent eyelash extensions, you can wake up each day with beautiful eyes with little or no need to adjust your lifestyle. they are ideal for everyday wear & special occasions (wedding, honeymoon, vacations, etc) because you can sleep, shower, swim and spa worry-free!
This August, slip away into relaxation. Enjoy either a 60 or 90 minute massage at domani salon & spa!